Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Small Creative Spaces


Have your scrapping and paper crafts taken over an area of your home and that tiny cramped space is soooooo crowded there is barely room for you to sit let alone craft!!!! Oh my, have I hit the nail on the head --- oops, never mind there's no room even for a nail!!!! Us ingenious crafters always can find a space to craft and play with our paper and we're just going to do that and show you our craft space...

If you arrived here from Inga's blog you are on the right track. If not, please start at the beginning at Kari's blog so you don't miss anything.


I'm sharing photos of my storage tower. I saw one of these on pinterest - a set of shelves set upright and placed on a lazy susan - and decided I would find or make one. Imagine my surprise when I found this unit at Goodwill less than a week later. 


Bottom shelf - mat stacks. Next I have five storage boxes (each containing what looks like tic-tac boxes) used to hold eyelets, brads, loose gems, very small buttons, charms). Above that I've placed 6x6 pads of paper - this smaller size is much easier to store and I can still have the newest so I can enter manufacture challenges. Other shelves hold a container of ribbon, a container of lace, jar of flowers and a three drawer unit of various punched out pieces (one of my grandsons loves to punch out butterflies and bugs from scraps).


On one side I added pieces of cork to create a space to pin up notes, challenges and a calendar.



This side already had a ruler printed on it, useful for measuring ribbon. I'm using the rest of this side for quotes I want to keep.




Haven't figured what to use the back for yet. Would like to figure out how to add some kind of rod to hold punches, maybe a small hanging shoe organizer. The whole unit sits on a lazy susan (also found at Goodwill) so it can be turned easily. I recently added a plant roller found at Big Lots for $3, so now it can be moved around too.













Now, that you have seen my craft of clutter, I must send you on your way to Kimberly - oops oh no, watch that avalanche - too late!

10 comments:

  1. Vicki~ This is so cool!! What a neat idea!! Love how you utilize every side of it too!! And how cute that your grandson punches things out for you!! I WISH I was this organized!! lol TFS! Great hopping with you!
    ~Colleen
    www.cbcscrapbooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this!!!!! What a cute idea!!! TFS!
    Laurie
    scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH HOW I WISH this was in MY Goodwill when I troll through there fore storage ideas! My favorite spot to find organizational ideas is at IKEA -- not terribly expensive and very clever, but sure not Goodwill great! CONGRATS on your find, and for using it creatively!

    Fondly,
    Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
    www.cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com
    E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous idea --- I'm loving this and must go shopping to see if I can find one also . . .
    Hugs, Love, and Pixie Dust
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your lazy-susan shelf! That is a great idea. Mind if I do it too? Thanks for sharing. Edwina brown

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a neat idea...love it! thanks for being in the hop with me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW~ that is absolutely amazing. This is why I love doing blog hops, I see so many amazing things. Thanks for sharing this with blogger viewers.

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow...that is really neat. That would be a great idea to figure out how to put rods on the back. Also hooks for other things. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete