Monday, March 12, 2012

Charlie Brown and the Gang



Welcome to Charlie Brown and the Gang Blog Hop. Charlie Brown and his gang are out to play with us today whether it be baseball, holding the football or just hangin' out. Don't forget that Snoopy has to get the Red Baron and not fall behind the enemy lines. Also, you may want to stop off at Lucy's booth to have a second opinion.

There are so many characters to depict here and we all have our favorites. With this in mind, we will be setting up scenes whether it be a lay-out, card, decorative piece but rest assured, you will be seeing Charles Schultz characters being showcased. Kari's son Josh, loves Charlie Brown with his favorite character being Snoopy and its his 18th birthday. Be sure to wish Josh a Happy Birthday on Kari's Blog.
 
Now, if you just happened to be visiting me, I'm thrilled and glad to show you my project BUT I would love for you to start at the beginning of our story and that is with Kari . Now, if you arrived from  Colleen then you are on the correct base on the baseball field.


We have a terrific All-Star group of sponsors:
  • Lynne Kirsch - chipboard figures of Charlie Brown and the Gang
  • Shannon Leffew Keith offering flowers from her etsy shop
  • Colleen Duffy Hathaway is offering a paper pieced set of your choice from Scraptastical Kreations (http://scraptasticalkreations.com/)



For my project I made a layout of my Snoopy phone. 

My love of Snoopy started with a TV commercial in 1979. This was at the time when phones came in desk, wall and princess styles and were rented from the phone company. So when I saw this phone advertised I mentioned that it would be cool to own. Imagine my surprise when I received this phone from my husband for Christmas. (Seems he was listening when I talked). I still receive Snoopy items for Christmas, and this past year got a plush Snoopy, note cards and 3 Snoopy journals.


Bought the Charlie Brown paper years ago. I used the sketch from Let's Get Sketchy. Cardstock from my stash, flowers are Prima, butterfly punch from Martha Stewart. 

Your next stop with Charlie Brown and the Gang is Lynne and be sure not to let Lucy you with that line "I'll hold the football" !


Here's the entire lineup:





12 comments:

  1. This is great! Not sure what I love more, your LO or that phone! How awesome is that!!?!? I have a Winnie the Pooh phone like this style, and I just love it! :) Great job!! And the background paper was a great find!
    ~Colleen
    www.cbcscrapbooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I remember those phones. It's nice to meet another Snoopy fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great lay-out!!! Absolutely love the phone and had gotten one for a previous friend before I met my current husband!!!! Pleasure hopping with you!
    Hugs, Love, and Pixie Dust
    Lynne
    Her Craftiness

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Layout! My Grandchildren love Snoopy! Wish I had that phone. Thanks for Sharing! :0)
    cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL...how cute! love the LO and your phone! :) thanks for celebrating my son's birthday with me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicki, I love your cute layout. That is great, a photo of a Snoopy phone. I love the butterflies and flowers on your layout. They are so pretty. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown edwina.brown@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely.... snoopy is looking very cute.... I have seen your name in many places :) nice to be here and following you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh a cool Snoppy phone. My husband used to have a snoopy phone too. It was a little bit different than yours thou.

    Great layout!!

    Kimberly
    http://scrappingrookie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun layout. I remember those phones. Cute!

    Smiles Sher
    ShersL84bed@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so adorable!! I love Snoopy!! What a fun and fabulous layout and the phone is awesome :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete