Monday, January 16, 2012

Joy

My word for this year is joy. I am sure I can find joy everyday. This layout is of my grandson opening one of his gifts on Christmas. While video games and dvds make great gifts they also make a two or three inch pile of gifts under the tree - not impressive. LOL. The journaling explains how I used a large box (for size), 7 pound bag of kitty litter (for weight) and crumpled newspaper (to eliminate any shaking). I taped the video game to the inside of the box. He was pleasantly surprised.


Entire layout made from one sheet of patterned paper (from Recollections' All Season stack), one sheet of cardstock from my stash and 3 gems. This was my first attempt at making fan fold embellies and I didn't think to check you tube before starting. The cutting and folding I did okay, it's the gluing that I should have gotten instructions for before I stuck my fingers together. Title is printed on the paper.

I am entering this in:

Lasting Memories - challenge is New Year (used my "word" for the year) open until 1/21 9pm EST
The Paper Variety - challenge is to use fan fold embellishments, open until 1/27 midnight EST
Scrappin-n-chattin - challenge is to use word of the year as one word title, open until 1/31.

16 comments:

  1. it is hard when they get older to make it look like there is more under the tree. This sounds like something we would do here just for giggles. Great layout and thanks for playing along at Lasting Memories

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great way to trick him with a bigger box! And you did an awesome job on your accordion flowers, especially for not learning how first! Great job!
    Michelle LMDT
    scrappinforkenzie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this layout and what a really good word for the year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet layout!! I love that JOY is your word for the New Year -- we could all learn from trying to find joy in every day!! Thanks for the reminder!! :)

    I had to laugh when I read the "package size" dilemma!! Last year, we wrapped an expensive (but VERY SMALL) gift for my daughter in 32 boxes... each one inside the next (and completely wrapped with paper!)... By the time she got to the miniscule box, she had NO idea what to expect... Oh, right, then we put only a NOTE inside the itty-bitty box that said to see us for her "real" gift... Which was wrapped and hidden in another room!! HA!! It made for the funniest video ever. :) Anyway, I digress... I LOVE your kitty litter idea and will have to utilize that one myself!! :)

    Thanks so much for sharing your talent at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!! :)

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    Lasting Memories DTM

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOLOLOLOL!! That is AWESOME how you wrapped that! How cool and you have pics to scrap too!! Love it! What a FAB take on our challenge this week and so good to see you at Lasting Memories! Thanks for joining us!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your word for the year. Great tie in to the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at lasting memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well aint you sneaky!!!! I do stuff like that to my teens every year.......of course the eyes always go to the biggest box under the tree but they have finally learned to be skeptical....and rightly so....lol. Your layout is lovely and I adore the fan folded flowers...I;m not good with those at all...lol. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Lasting Memories and hope to see ya again!!!
    Tina ~LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  8. great word of the year!! to seek out JOY in everything - very inspirational
    thanks for playing at LMCB
    Kimberly DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable layout!! And how fun disguising the gift to your grandson!! :)

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Vicki, your LO is gorgeous as usual. Love your rosette's! TFS at Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL Vicki. Great idea for gift wrapping! Thanks for sharing your rosette embellishment at The Paper Variety :)
    - Suzanne, TPV cofounder

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job on the rosettes. I love making them. Thanks for joining us for the LM challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute! I need to start making my own Rosettes...They look so great on everyone's pages!!!
    Stacia ~LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved the package story!!! lol Those rosettes are pain to glue aren't they? I loved the way you did yor journaling. Great idea:)
    Elizabeth LMDT
    http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vicki... this is great!! Love the story! And yes... rosettes are a pain... but so pretty when finished. Great job! Good to see you. :-)
    Michele
    LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great story and backdrop to your layout.

    ~Jennasa findtimetocreate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete