Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Something new.

The challenge this week at Lasting Memories is to try something new and go a little out of your comfort zone. My friend Dawn likes to use Liquid Pearls and since I had an untouched bottle sitting on my desk for months I decided to try it. After watching several youtube tutorials I made three butterflies using two different methods. First I use it as watercolors. Probably can't be seen on the photo, but it adds such a nice shine to the paper. Then I also used it as bling, putting some dots in the center of each butterfly and on the flower. Have to say I loved using Liquid Pearls and can see buying more colors in the future.

The layout is of my great-uncle's wedding in 1942. The couple on the right are my great-grandparents.














7 comments:

  1. Liquid Pearls! Wonderful!! I have never heard of this! (I feel like I live in a bubble sometimes.) :-) I love your layout! So pretty and so special! Thanks for joinng us at Lasting Memories this week!
    Michele
    LMDT Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. You LO is so pretty! Love the liquid pearls technique. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS layout, Vicki! I think I'm DEFINITELY going to have to try this liquid pearl stuff. Thanks for joining us at LM this week!

    ~Ashley
    LM DT member

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this, simple and elegant! I've never tried liquid pearls either, guess I should dig out those bottles and have a go! Thanks for joining in the challenge at Lasting Memories! =)Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is beautiful! love your pearls, something i've never tried. thanks so much for joining us at lasting memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Great job with the liquid pearls. I have never used them, but may have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty Vicki. The butterflies are beautiful. Congratulations on stepping out of your comfort zone. Thanks for sharing with Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete